MGID Publisher Requirements are established in an effort to improve user experience, build strong partnerships and maximize the performance of all campaigns in the MGID network.
Terms and conditions
Publisher program is designed for websites that have 3,000 and more unique daily visitors on a stable basis (or 90,000+ visitors/month).
A website approval/rejection message will be sent to the publisher’s main email within 24 hours after applying. Please note if the moderation date occurs on a weekend, moderation will be processed the next business day. Please review the main reasons why the moderation team may reject a website and what to do in order to pass the moderation process:
- Low rating
The minimum traffic requirement to cooperate with MGID is 3,000 unique visitors daily (or 90,000+ visitors per month). If you have already reached a sufficient amount, please contact our managers.
- Illegal content download
MGID does not accept websites that promote the illegal downloading of files, videos, programs, games, etc; streaming related websites, torrents, etc. If you have another content website, please add it to your account and we will be glad to begin our cooperation.
- The website could not be reached
This means that we cannot see the content because of some error. Please check the connection to the website, fix it, and email our managers.
- Previous fraudulent activity
Your website was rejected to participate in our monetization program due to previous fraudulent activity, not necessarily on this website but on any of the websites in your account that were blocked by our Quality Assurance Department. Further cooperation with your current account is limited due to the websites you currently have.
- Pornographic or erotic content
Due to our policy, MGID ads cannot be placed on webpages that have adult content or advertisement. If you are able to remove such content from your website or have other websites you would like to monetize with us, do not hesitate to contact us via email.
To speed up the process of moderation please choose the most appropriate category for your website:
- Books and Literature (Comics and Graphic Novels, Reading Online )
- Business and Finance
- Events and Attractions
- Family and Relationships (Dating, Parenting, Relationships)
- Fine Art
- Food and Drink
- Healthy Living
- Hobbies and Interests (Arts and Crafts, Entertainment, Humor, Lifestyle)
- Home and Garden
- Medical Health
- Music and Audio
- News and Politics (News, Politics, Weather)
- Pop Culture
- Religion and Spirituality (Astrology)
- Style and Fashion (Beauty, Fashion Trends)
- Technology and Computing
- Computing (Computer Software and Applications, Internet)
- Consumer Electronics
- Data Storage and Warehousing
- Video Gaming
- Google Analytics
- Yandex Metrics
Websites with social media traffic are accepted and tend to have a high performance by using MGID content based ads.
MGID accepts all websites using Google AdSense and performs as a compatible solution.
If MGID publishers choose to use ads.txt on their domains, those publishers must ensure that they are included as authorized sellers of that inventory.
Prohibited types of websites:
- Streaming websites
- Torrent websites
- Websites with low information value
Terms of cooperation
MGID does not work with websites which have bot traffic or use click-generating methods that are of non-human origin. Publishers that try to increase their earnings in such ways will be banned from the MGID platform with no further revenue refund. There is no limitation on how many websites can be added to a single MGID account. However, it is prohibited to place more advertising than publisher-provided content.
MGID works with websites of all languages and provides ads in over 70 languages.
- Trafficking or exploitation
- Tobacco products
- Alcohol promotion
- Spy equipment
- Weapons and explosives
- Casual dating
- Illegal gambling
- Gross content
- Minors sexualizing
- Exploitation of minors
- Live cams
- Illicit drugs
- Drug paraphernalia
- Psychoactive substances
- Violence (shooting, tragedies, sexual assault, injuring, self harm)
- Dead bodies
- Defecation scenes
- Misleading statements
- Sensationalized messaging
- Websites under construction
- Domain parking
- Fake domains
- Websites designed to mimic original legitimate sources
- Any interaction practices triggering redirects to third-party web-pages
- Error pages
- Copyright infringement
- Broken and/or blank webpages
- Websites infected with malware
- Malicious software
- Browser locking
- Drive-by download
We want to make sure that our publishers follow all the rules to monetize their inventories in a successful way. In the list below you can find prohibited placements that cannot be used for native ads.
The list of prohibited placements may change at any time without advance notice. Using any of the placements listed below will lead to a permanent account ban with no payments from the ad units performing in the prohibited placements:
- widget placements that overlay video players with/without a close button
- widget placements that overlay fake video players with/without a close button
- widget placements that overlay the content
- widget placement that is hidden in a transparent layer
- widget placement that is hidden in a transparent layer that overlays video players with/without a close button
- hidden on-click links that send users automatically to MGID advertiser’s landing page
- widget placements that auto-redirect the page without user action
- widget placements that overlay another widget
- widget placements generating high volumes of involuntary and/or fraud clicks
- placements on pages containing illegal downloading of files, videos, programs, games, etc; streaming related websites, torrents, etc.
- widget placed in floating blocks, that move with page scroll and/or are displayed over a website’s content without a close button
- сall-to-click or misleading headings at the top of the widget (e.g. Click twice (2х) to close, Click to download, Click to Watch video, Click on ads, Check our Sponsors, please click an ad to support this site)
- widget placed with arrows or other symbols pointing to the widget
- widget placements that are covered by a website’s content
- widget placements that auto-redirect or auto-refresh
- header widget placement with more than 1 row of pictures on the desktop and mobile version
Inaccurate widget placement may result in low CTR and decrease the overall performance.