We want to make sure that our publishers follow all the rules to monetize their inventories in a successful way. In the list below you can find prohibited placements that cannot be used for native ads.
The list of prohibited placements may change at any time without advance notice. Using any of the placements listed below will lead to a permanent account ban with no payments from the ad units performing in the prohibited placements:
- widget placements that overlay video players with/without a close button
- widget placements that overlay fake video players with/without a close button
- widget placements that overlay the content
- widget placement that is hidden in a transparent layer
- widget placement that is hidden in a transparent layer that overlays video players with/without a close button
- hidden on-click links that send users automatically to MGID advertiser’s landing page
- widget placements that auto-redirect the page without user action
- widget placements that overlay another widget
- widget placements generating high volumes of involuntary and/or fraud clicks
- placements on pages containing illegal downloading of files, videos, programs, games, etc; streaming related websites, torrents, etc.
- widget placed in floating blocks, that move with page scroll and/or are displayed over a website’s content without a close button
- сall-to-click or misleading headings at the top of the widget (e.g. Click twice (2х) to close, Click to download, Click to Watch video, Click on ads, Check our Sponsors, Please, click an ad to support this site)
- widget placed with arrows or other symbols pointing to the widget
- widget placements that are covered by a website’s content
- widget placements that auto-redirect or auto-refresh
- header widget placement with more than 1 row of pictures on the desktop and mobile version
- impact widget before the main content
Inaccurate widget placement may result in low CTR and decrease the overall performance.