This article introduces how to set up MGID Pixel via GTM in the MGID Ads system.
MGID Pixel via GTM (Google Tag Manager) tracking method is a good option for those who don't know how to code. Google Tag Manager allows you to implement the MGID pixel code to your site and set up conversions.
For the GTM option, you must ensure that the ‘adclid’ parameter is transferred in the URL (not just in cookies) all over the flow up to the conversion page.
You don't need to copy/paste the JS pixel code from your MGID account if you are planning to set up Pixel with Google Tag Manager (GTM). Instead, select the MGID pixel template in the GTM Template Gallery.
Follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Conversion tracking section and select the MGID Pixel via GTM option in the Tracking settings tab.
Below, you will see a step-by-step explanation of the GTM setup process. Follow the steps to complete the tracking setup.
3. Enter “MGID” under the search field.
4. Add a ready-made template to the site workspace.
5. Create a new tag (“Tags” -> “New”) by selecting the "MGID Pixel" among the tag types in the "Tag Configuration" section.
6. Enter your MGID Client ID in the "Tag Configuration" section, and then choose the event type "Page View."
7. Select "All Pages in the "Triggering" section. Name the tag and save it.
It's important to activate our sensor on all pages so that visitors may be directed from MGID. Otherwise, the conversions won’t be counted correctly.
8. Next, create a tag for counting conversions. Create a new one by choosing "MGID Pixel" among the tag types in the "Tag Configuration" section.
9. Enter your MGID Client ID in the "Tag Configuration" section and then choose event type "Conversion to Action."
10. Specify the conversion category (Lead, Sale, Install) and provide the conversion value (your conversion earnings may be specified as a variable).
11. Select the relevant trigger in the "Triggering" section. This trigger will indicate the previously specified conversion has occurred. Name the trigger and save it.
If your "Conversion to Action" is "New Order," then choose the trigger, meaning that a new order has been created and successfully submitted ("New Order," "Thank You Page," etc.).
If you want to track more conversion funnel stages, you can repeat these steps. Select a different event type, "Conversion to Desire" or "Conversion to Interest".
12. To make your tags active online, you will need to click on "Submit" -> "Publish" at the top right-hand side of the screen.